Turn your kid's dreamland into a reality by designing a bedroom with his or her interests in mind. Ultimately, your goal is to build a happy and magical space for your youngsters.
"Let your kids be involved in the design decisions, especially in their own private spaces. This allows them to appreciate the space and to feel ownership," suggested Eugenia Santiesteban in Decorating Kids' Rooms and Family Friendly Spaces.
The bed can be a good start. Choose a design that will not only bring them a good night's sleep but increase the fun factor of the whole room.
"When it's time for the little ones to move out of their cribs, parents face a decision about what type of bed comes next," said Coleen Cahill in Kid's Spaces. "A bed is often the centrepiece of the room, and kids should enjoy crawling into it each night." Spot on.
Need help with ideas? Check out our gallery below.
1. This race car bed is pit perfect for your budding star racer.
2. Accord your little princess the royal treatment with a bed in her own castle.
3. This soccer goal-inspired bed will definitely score you a goal in the awesome-parents post.
4. Welcome the king of the jungle in a safari jeep bed!
5. No time to bring the kiddos to the playground? No worries. This playground bed is perfect for both play and sleep.
6. We're guessing this bus bed is off to dreamland.
7. Set up their own tent in the bedroom and join them on a daily "camping trip."
8. Give your little boy the license to enjoy this vintage car bed.
9. With a seaside cabin bed, it's resort ambience all year round in this kid's bedroom.
10. Start handing them the building blocks of creativity with this colourful Lego bed.
11. No train tickets needed. This Thomas & Friends train bed is ready to board a young passenger. Cue train whistle sound.
12. So your kiddo loves teddy bears. In that case, she will go gaga over this hug bear bed.
13. This ship bed will make your little pirate want to shout "Ahoy!" with glee.
14. Is your little one obsessed with Batman? Then a Batmobile bed is a must in his room!
15. Spark her fantasies with a carriage bed straight out of her favourite fairy tale.
16. Sleeping in the back of a truck? How cool is that!
17. Sweets for your sweet: This doughnut bed won us over.
18, Raise a future astronaut and build his dream on a strong foundation—a spaceship bed.