1. Samsung launches new QLED TV lineup. First unveiled at CES 2017 where it won more than 20 notable awards including four CES Innovation Awards, Samsung’s QLED TV Series—the Q7F, Q8C and Q9F—deserves a space in your home. Features include improved colour performance and enhanced Smart TV offerings. The new Samsung Sound+ Soundbar (MS6501) was also introduced.
Further validating this milestone, Samsung has also received verification from world-class testing and certification association, Verband Deutscher Elektrotechniker, for its ability to reproduce 100%colour volume (DCI-P3) for its Q7F, Q8C and Q9F series QLED TVs. This verification is a mark of QLED TV’s ability to provide consistently high quality picture to consumers. The 2017 line-up of QLED TVs has also been certified by the UHD Alliance as ULTRA HD PREMIUM™, meaning that the QLED TVs meet or exceed strict performance levels for 4K resolution, high-dynamic range, and wide colour spectrum. Read more about Samsung’s new products here.
2. Robinsons Home Fair ongoing until 30 April. Shake up the look of your home with home decor choices at the Robinsons Home Fair. The Fair provides shoppers with the opportunity to dress their beloved sanctuaries with the latest offerings from covetable brands including John Lewis, Dome Deco, and QEEBOO. Enjoy up to 50% off regular-priced kitchen preparation, cookware, and tableware products as well as regular-priced beddings, bed linen, and bath product. Also, shoppers get an additional 30% off + additional $500 off the promotional price for products from the Robinsons Bedshop department.
3. IFFS 2017 delivers on both business and design fronts. The International Furniture Fair Singapore 2017 concluded with resounding success after an eventful four-day run from 9 to 12 March at the Singapore EXPO. Along with co-located shows, the 34thASEAN Furniture Show and the inaugural NOOK Asia, the highly-anticipated international trade event attracted 21,966 trade professionals from the furniture, interior design, and furnishing industries—including 87 buying delegations from 92 countries.
More than three decades on, IFFS continues to reinforce its position as an ideal business platform for the international furniture industry. The 2017 edition featured a diverse international portfolio of 428 exhibiting companies from 35 countries. Together, the participating companies put up an impressive showcase of creative and design-rich pieces that received widespread recognition from industry buyers.
The change in direction for IFFS was keenly felt across the show floor, with many industry professionals expressing satisfaction over the quality of conversations and networks forged during the event, and the value these interactions created for their businesses. In particular, exhibitors appreciated the opportunities to break into new emerging markets, an experience that is not often available at international trade shows. Business aside, visitors were treated to a visual extravaganza as they strolled across the packed fairgrounds in search of show-stopping creations.
4. Barel to open in Singapore. Fresh from their successful exposition in the Salone Internazionale del Mobile Milano 2017 (International Furniture Fair Milan), Italian furniture specialist BAREL is taking a bold step to expand their international business by partnering with H+A Holdings Pte Ltd to launch its first showroom display in Singapore and Asia. Selected pieces from the exclusive Barel collection will be put on display and for sale at Krislite LED Hub at 9 Loyang Way, Krislite Building, beginning 20 April 2017. Leveraging on more than 60 years of heritage and experience, Barel is known for combining furniture design with fashion and trends, while staying true to its core strength—the art of forged iron. Barel’s wide range of products include classy and traditional products that have withstood the test of time, to contemporary style furnishings, custom-designed by well-known architects and designers.
5. Glass bottom sky pool in Houston, Texas. Would you dare swim in a pool that’s 40 stories in the air? At Market Square Tower in Texas, a cantilevered pool features a glass bottom that’s not for the faint of heart. Check it out here.
Got any news and trends to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.