1. AkzoNobel's Denim Drift is "doubly auspicious" in the Year of the Fire Rooster. According to Master Goh Guan Leong of Way Fengshui Consultancy, AkzoNobel's Colour of the Year (also known as Smoke Grey) brings harmony into homes this year. Feng shui principles say that blue—which symbolises water that can offset the "fire" element this year—is a lucky colour and can be used in the living room as well as in the bedroom of those born in the warmer months of May, June, and July. Accompanying blues with green and black hues can also enhance a household’s stability and peacefulness in 2017. Grey, on the other hand, is a generally lucky colour for Singapore. “Using grey around the home’s main entrance, such as on the door, can also be seen as a way of attracting wealth,” says Master Goh.
Denim Drift is a double auspicious colour in 2017.
2. PickJunction opens Experiential Centre at Eunos Ave 7. Established in 2015, PickJunction started as a directory service and offline community curating the best of local design and weekend events. It recently opened an Experiential Centre that spans three storeys and 10,000 sq. ft. and combines a showcase of various brands and an online checkout system. Visit PickJunction if you are scouting for furnishings and decors for your home. Located at the Singapore Handicrafts Building, The Experiential Centre houses the following brands: Excelsius, Martlewood, Bamboobee, Stone for Gold, ITALIC & BOLD, Ethnicraft Online, AL et Clar, For the Common Goods, and Mondays Off. Read more about it here.
3. Let the new Philips SmartPro Compact Robot Vacuum help you in your CNY spring cleaning task. Keep your house clean for the Chinese New Year in twice the speed with the new Philips Smart Pro Compact robot vacuum cleaner, which sports features such as the TriActive XL nozzle and Smart Detection System. Learn more about its features here.
4. Updates on the International Furniture Fair Singapore (IFFS) 2017. Preparations for the IFFS 2017—to be held 9 to 12 March at the Singapore Expo—are now in full swing. The annual event has established itself as one of the leading premier business platforms in Asia Pacific. For the first time, IFFS partners with Dimension 5 Technologies (D5T), a Singapore-based startup, to inject a fresh perspective to the well-established sourcing platform. Visitors can look forward to a novel experience at the Virtual Reality Zone, where furniture pieces from companies like Commune, Danovel, Resource Decor, and Sam & Sara will be presented in VR showrooms at dedicated VR booths. Other new pavilions include the EU Business Avenues in South East Asia Pavilion and the Upholstery Pavilion. IFFS will also organise a familiarisation trip devoted to brands that are keen to explore international franchise expansion. This newly-developed initiative will offer these companies valuable opportunities to learn and network with a group of seasoned franchisors, and gain necessary market knowledge in the process. Visit this link for more information.
5. The new face of Silestone®. Cosentino's Silestone®, the world’s leading brand in quartz surfaces, is proud to announce that world-renowned supermodel and fashion icon Cindy Crawford is its global ambassador for the next two years. The brand and the supermodel have joined forces to represent the very best in an advertising campaign entitled “Tops On Top”, which will be released from March onwards in the world's major lifestyle, trend, fashion, design, decoration, and architecture magazines.
Got any news and trends to share? Email us at email@example.com.