1. SFIC Institute to offer Furniture Craftsmanship Series for Singaporeans aged 50 and above. From 1 January 2017, they will enjoy NSA-funded course fees. Also, they can use their SkillsFuture credit on top of the subsidy. The Furniture Craftsmanship Series will equip them with the fundamentals of carpentry and recommended set of woodworking practices. Whether one is a hobbyist or an amateur furniture maker, this course will help him or her learn more about furniture making. Find out more here.
Photo by Xiangyun Lim
2. Beautiful home furnishings at the Manila FAME 2016. The recently concluded Manila FAME 2016 held at the World Trade Center in Manila, Philippines showcased the country's acclaimed craftsmanship, design innovation, and artisanship. Designed for the global market by Philippine-based companies, the collections displayed included finely selected furniture and home furnishings, decors, accessories, and artworks. Manila FAME is the Philippines' premier design and lifestyle bi-annual event.
3. The world's first smart lockbox from Singapore-based igloohome. You can now leave your key or keycard at home when someone else needs that key. Singapore-based start-up igloohome is offering access solutions for short-term rental hosts as well as property owners. The igloohome Smart Keybox is designed to store up to 6 physical keys or 7 keycards for visitors to retrieve when they arrive at the property. It can be locked by using a PIN code via a mobile app.
Video courtesy of igloohome
4. Bosch's special offers on the 60cm Classic Series Ovens from 1 November 2016 to 31 January 2017. Save up to $1,500 when you purchase selected Bosch oven models and receive free accessories! Shoppers can also just top up $50 to get a variety of multifunctional kitchen helpers such as mixers and hand blenders. This is the perfect time to upgrade your kitchen as you will be busy preparing a sumptuous feast for the holiday season! The promotion is available at all leading departmental and electronic retail stores island-wide.
5. Designer furniture pieces that are assembled like a tent. Dutch designer Christian Heikoop is responsible for this unique collection of flat-pack furniture that can be assembled the way you make a tent. The Glissade collection includes a chair, a pair of benches, and a table. The chair features a curved metal rod that serves as the back, and a rectangular tube supporting the legs. Read more about it here.
Got any news and trends to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover photo courtesy of Manila FAME Facebook page