1. Philips opens Consumer Care Center in Toa Payoh. Located at the recently opened Philips APAC Center in Toa Payoh, the 650-square-metre space will serve as a one-stop destination for consumers to experience their favourite Philips products, so they can make more informed decisions for a healthier lifestyle. The Philips Consumer Care Center features dedicated areas showcasing the brand's diverse product portfolio, including must-have items for the home. It is designed like a home, mimicking different rooms of the house. There's a spacious kitchen for consumers to try cooking using Philips' kitchen and cooking tools as well as an area for cleaning machines and air purifiers. This hands-on experiential approach will help consumers in deciding which products will suit their lifestyle and home needs.
"The Philips Consumer Care Center is curated with the modern-day consumer in mind and will transform the way they experience our brand and our products. This fresh concept caters to the discerning consumers and is reflective of our commitment to putting people at the forefront of everything we do," says Mr Srikanth Nott, general manager for Personal Health-Philips ASEAN Pacific.
The Philips Consumer Care Center is located at the Philips APAC Center in Toa Payoh.
2. Italian designer Andrea Cingoli presents the QWERTY Sofa. The Italian Association of Singapore hosted Mr Andrea Cingoli recently at the National Design Centre as the designer presented his designs for his company Concepticon. One of the notable designs is the QWERTY Sofa, which was inspired by the prevalence of technology at home and at work. It is comprised of separate cushions attached to a stainless steel frame. The "keys" can be individually adjusted, depending on your preference and lifestyle.
3. IKEA's POÄNG armchair turns 40 this year. Four decades have passed but the Swedish giant's iconic armchair still continues to charm its way to many homes, what with its timeless design and luxurious comfort. To mark the milestone this month, IKEA introduced a new frame and six new covers to the existing range of combinations.
4. LG Styler wins 2016 TWICE VIP Award. Because of its innovative approach to clothing care, the LG Styler received this year's coveted TWICE VIP (Very Important Product) award, as judged by US retailers and distributors based on products that have made the biggest differences in their businesses. Read more about the LG Styler here and why it's a must-have home appliance.
5. Compact kitchen units for small homes. Sanwa, a Japanese kitchen manufacturer, has created a range of kitchen units that are perfect for space-challenged homes. The kitchens—namely Affilato Hide, Ceragino, Kanade, and Zan—boast of features including concealed cooking and sink areas in folding doors. Read more about them here.
Got any news and trends to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.