1. King Cove sofa cited as best residential freestanding lounge design by the Australian Furniture Industry Awards. What a great way to celebrate King Living's first anniversary in Singapore as its signature King Cove received this prestigious recognition! King Cove, which comes with waterproof outdoor fabric that dries quickly, was inspired by Sentosa Cove's resort lifestyle and envy-inducing outdoor living. The stylish sofa was designed to adapt to Singapore's weather.
2. LG "SPOT THE gram" Facebook contest. The award-winning LG gram, the brand's newest ultra slim laptop (its 14-inch model is less than a kilogram!), hit stores last week. As exciting as its launch is LG's Facebook contest that will allow you a chance to win one of five LG 25-inch Ultrawide IPS monitors worth $279 each! Here's how: (1) Take a photo of the gram when you spot it in select Best Denki, Challenger, and Newstead outlets. (2) Like LG Singapore Facebook page. (3) Comment on the official contest photo in this format: <Creative Caption>, <Retailer Name and Store Location>. (4) Share the official contest post on your personal Facebook page and ensure it's a public post. The contest runs until 6 September.
3. Bosch introduces ActiveOxygen washing machine. The brand's latest washing machine—the first to market ActiveOxygen technology in Singapore—can kill up to 99.99% of bacteria and germs even at low temperatures. Other notable features include the AllergyPlus programme that has extra rinse cycle to remove allergens and detergent residue; VarioPerfect that allows you to choose from the time-saving SpeedPerfect option or energy-saving EcoPerfect option; and EcoSilence Drive motor that uses a unique, brushless design, minimising heat and wear. Know more about Bosch's newest product here.
4. Gillette launches Fusion ProShield. Dads and the gentlemen in the house can now say goodbye to irritation caused by shaving, thanks to the brand's newest razor. The new Gillette ProShield features a new Lubrication Bar before the blades, in addition to the Lubrastrip after the blades, to shield from irritation. The new ProShield Lubrication Bar is activated by water and designed to deliver additional lubrication before the blades without compromising blade geometry and shave closeness. The razor comes in standard yellow and blue varieties.
5. World's first interactive art exhibit for dogs. The Play More exhibition allowed humans to spend more time playing with their canine buddies via an interactive art exhibit organised by More Than and British artist and inventor Dominic Wilcox. Veterinarians were consulted so that each artwork would bring out physical and mental stimulation for the dogs. Read more about it here.
Got any news and trends to share? Email us at email@example.com.
Cover photo courtesy of My Modern Met