"Certain color groups will often inspire particular emotions. These emotions can be altered dramatically depending on the depth or tone of the color, but the basic principles are worth remembering when deciding on your color palette," says Anna Starmer in The Color Scheme Bible: Inspirational Palettes for Designing Home Interiors.
According to Starmer, "Yellows are welcoming and sunny. Strong yellows are said to help the brain work better. It stimulates and energizes in a positive, non-aggressive way."
Not convinced? Check out these interiors:
1. The feature wall, splashed with lemon yellow, sets the tone of the colour palette of this bedroom. The choice of colour also makes the room look and feel brighter and more spacious.
2. A sofa in mustard yellow lends the welcoming and uplifting ambience to this entryway—a great way to make your guests smile as they enter the home.
3. This white contemporary kitchen gets a refreshing boost, thanks to the bright yellow laminated cabinets. "Yellow is a great color to use in a kitchen, and creates a citrus-fresh wake-up," says Starmer.
4. Shake things up in a bland bathroom by opting for a yellow freestanding bathtub, which serves as the space's focal point.
5. Instantly cheer up your wardrobe area with an accent piece in a happy colour. A full-length mirror in brilliant yellow frame is all the decorating this walk-in closet needs.
6. Neutrals rule over this living room. But dainty yellow accents such as the throws and painting on the wall liven up this neutral space.
Get more inspiration on yellow interiors by visiting our Inspiration page.
Share with us photos of your home and we might feature it. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover photo courtesy of Design Milk