Searching for ideas on how to prettify your living room? Soak up some inspiration from Cromly's House Tours:
1. Mismatched seating tools. Your sectional sofa doesn't need to match your stool. Be more playful in this area by purposely mismatching lounge and accent chairs. This will make as a good conversation starter when you are entertaining guests at home.
This couple's Scandi-eclectic living room sports a two-seater sofa, pink ottoman, yellow pouf, and patterned beanbag.
Meanwhile, this vibrant retro-eclectic flat is a standout with its grey sofa, yellow rocking chair, egg-shaped cushions, and wooden crates.
2. Wallpaper that wows. Breathe new life into your plain-walled living room by installing a wallpaper that will turn heads and make your home memorable.
A couple who had wanted to travel around Europe but instead prioritised building their home decided to bring Paris into their living room via an Eiffel Tower wallpaper.
3. Showing off collections. What better way to personalise this living space than to display your collections? From showing your tiny figurines to travel mementos, pepper your space with items that bring a smile to your heart.
The homeowner's love for Hello Kitty could not be denied. Just look at the sofa and the floating shelf in her HDB Hougang living room.
This home in Geylang charms with a creative display of the owner's cartoon characters collection.
4. Feature wall-cum-TV console. Small spaces that need visual appeal can turn to multi-purpose furnishings to make the area stand out. A feature wall that also serves as console for TV and other knickknacks is a good choice as it's space-saving, functional, and stylish.
The 2-in-1 feature wall is the focal point of this HDB living room in Upper Serangoon View.
This Santorini-themed home surprises with three arches in the living room wall. One of them holds the TV and console.
5. Framed family photos. Introduce your family via a photo display in your living room. Also, doesn't it warm your heart to see these precious memories as you walk in and out of the living room?
The industrial style of this Yishun HDB flat is softened by the couple's favourite romantic photos of themselves.
6. Patterns and colours. Inject fun and excitement into an otherwise plain area of your home. Patterns and colours come in handy when you need some sass added to your space.
The patterned cushions and matching black-and-white chevron rug break the monotony of this Scandustrial living room.
The blue, lime green, and red sofas make lounging in this Woodlands HDB's living room even cosier.
7. Rotating TV. A rotating TV is a growing trend among homes sporting the open plan layout. It acts as a divider between two spaces and allows the homeowners to catch up on their fave show even when not seated on the sofa.
Whether relaxing on the lounge sofa or working out on the platform area, the couple in this Sengkang flat can watch TV anywhere (even from the dining area), thanks to their rotating console.
8. Creative coffee table. Quirky coffee tables easily catch the eye. They can complete the look of your living space.
A couple DIY-ed their coffee table from wood pallets for their warm and cosy home. It's eco-friendly, too!
In this Balinese-style home, a section of the store-bought modular sofa was converted into a makeshift coffee table—thanks to a printed fabric they had placed over it.
9. Quirky throws and pillows. So you decided on a neutral-toned sofa? Still, it doesn't have to be boring and clinical-looking. A quick solution: throw in colourful and quirky cushions to create a statement in the living room.
The sofa in this dreamy European-style home is a visual standout, thanks to the cute and colourful cushions.
As if the yellow sofa isn't eye-catching enough, the homeowners added more character and personality in this bright HDB home through plush toys and throw pillow.
How does your living room look like? Share with us and we might feature your home. Email us at email@example.com.