For your next bathroom renovation, why not try something different? Go for an eclectic style that will give your space more oomph. "Eclectic style is all about mixing and matching, breaking rigid style rules, and playing with colour to create something that is totally unique and inspiring,” says Holly Becker, author of Decorate: 1000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home.
Use tiles of different colours and styles, cover your shower walls with mosaic tiles, mix and match textures and patterns—do these and you have yourself a statement-making and far-from-boring bathroom.
Get inspired by these locally designed eclectic bathrooms:
1. 3-Room Flat in Kim Keat by Rezt & Relax Interior. A variety of colourful graphic tiles covering one side of the wall and the shower seat makes this bathroom stand out. Exposed black pipes and a floor with distressed wooden finish contribute to a rustic industrial vibe. Vintage faucet handles provide a nice finishing touch.
2. Blk 140 Jalan Bukit Merah by Add Space Design Pte Ltd. Thanks to the vanity top round basin with decorative details, this contemporary bathroom refuses to look safe and typical.
3. Landed Home at Thomson Green by Image Creative Design. This bathroom sparkles with stunning details, from the carmine bathtub (with stairs!) to the chandelier-style wall sconces. It swings between being elegant and a little offbeat, thus appointing the space with an eclectic appeal.
4. Eclectic and Surreal by nOtch lifestyle + design. Use an outrageous shower curtain to give your bathroom a quirky touch—this curtain featuring the standard police-issued "Do Not Cross" tape is enough to make a bold statement. Diamond tiles dotting the entire bathroom contribute to the fun.
5. Ellington Road by Sky Creation. Go the retro eclectic route with large subway tiles and clawfoot bathtub. Complete the look with indoor plants and colourful bathroom accessories.
6. Pebble Bay by Sky Creation. A contemporary marble bathroom gets a surprising twist with the addition of a feature wall depicting waterfalls cascading over rocks.
7. Bathroom by D'initial Concept. The stonewall and the streaked charcoal grey wall stand side by side, creating a show-stopping bathroom corner.
8. Springleaf Home by Project File Pte Ltd. Gloss and matte, black and white—these contrasting elements bring out a modern eclectic flair in this bathroom. Completing the look are the freestanding pedestal sink and white pendant lights.
9. Swiss View by Project File Pte Ltd. Add drama to a small bathroom by employing deep and rich shades of brown, like walnut and espresso. Feel free to play with textures, lighting, and bathroom sinks as well—this bathroom features an oversized wooden farmhouse sink and recessed lighting under glossy cabinets.
10. Tampines Apartment by Home Reno Pte Ltd. Wrap your bathroom in black and white mosaic tiles for an instant stylish boost.
11. Anchorage 370E by The Interior Place. This bathroom is not short on sheen and drama, thanks to the 3D silver metallic tiles filling one wall of the bathroom.
12. Modern Hub at Harbourlights by Neu Konceptz Pte Ltd. The interplay of different textured tiles in this bathroom creates a look that is fashionably eclectic.
For more locally designed bathroom designs, go here.
For photos of international bathroom designs, go here.
Share photos of your newly renovated bathrooms and homes with us! Email us at email@example.com.
Photos courtesy of the respective designer firms