Not an expert on designing your home? Here are some apps you can download to help you get started:
1. Homestyler: Lost about where to start on your home decoration journey? This online service by Autodesk will guide you through every step of the design process, from creating a precise floor plan to selecting from thousands of furniture and experiencing your virtual masterpiece in 3D.
2. Room Sketcher Home Designer: This user-friendly online tool allows you to design floor plans and your interior with plenty of choices in flooring, wall finishes, and furniture. There are also virtual measurements and guidelines to help you design your home as close to your actual needs as possible. The camera can be shifted from eagle’s view or eye-level.
3. IKEA Home Planner: Homeowners who are considering IKEA furniture for their homes will find this tool handy. Choose the furniture you need based on the exact measurements of your home, and rearrange them to your satisfaction. If you are really serious about purchasing the furniture, save your design into the IKEA server and get further assistance from the store.
4. Roomstyler 3D planner: It has 150,000 real furniture pieces available in 3D and the finished designs are available in photo-quality rendering. If you have any queries about interior design, flash it to their community of interior design enthusiasts, students, and professionals.
5. MagicPlan: This app is ideal for homeowners who needs a quick report or estimates of floor plans. Take a photo and let the app measure your room and draw floor plans.
6. LikeThat Décor and Furniture: Like a particular furniture at your friend’s house but too shy to ask about it? LikeThat Décor will provide you with shopping details on where to get them and suggest similar designs from various brands.
Any other apps you use for home decorating? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover photo courtesy of Room Sketcher