Your choice of paint colour can make or break a room. It can create your desired ambiance. "Color is the single most important design element in creating spaces that reflect mood and style. We choose color to...change a house into our home," observes Leatrice Eiseman, author of Colors for Your Every Mood: Discover Your True Decorating Colors.
Check out these interiors for colour inspirations:
1. Denim Drift. Recently introduced as the Colour of the Year 2017 by AkzoNobel, makers of Dulux paints, Denim Drift is a beautiful and timeless grey-blue hue. It works well in the bedroom, giving the space a sense of calm and serenity. Read more about this trendy colour here.
2. Sage Green. It's easy to catch some Z's in this nature-hued bedroom. Sage green exudes a calming vibe while gold accents in the Damask bedding and pillows provide the luxurious feel.
3. Peach. Add a dash of fun to your bedroom without going overboard by painting the walls peach. Pillows in lighter and darker shades make this room an Instagram-worthy item.
4. Lavender. Lighter tones of purple are preferred colours for the bedroom as they are both soothing and romantic. The lavender walls are beautifully complemented by a tufted deep purple headboard that elevates the regal aura of this bedroom.
5. Brown/Earth. A bedroom in various shades of brown or earth tones makes for a relaxing cocoon to retreat to after a long, tiring day. Monochromatic doesn't need to be boring, thanks to the different textures played up in this room—wooden headboards and flooring as well as rustic decors surely add to its character.
6. Sky blue. Give your bedroom that crisp and clean look and feel by splashing the walls with the colour of the sky. The blue-on-blue take on this bedroom feels country yet contemporary, simple but definitely stylish.
7. Cream. You can't go wrong with neutrals, specifically cream. You can keep things interesting by adding subtle hints of colours in the decors or stay classic with a monochromatic colour palette.
8. Pink. Think pink is only for little girls? This cotton candy colour is more versatile than you think! It possesses the warmth of red without being too strong, making it a wonderful choice when you want to achieve a relaxing ambience for your bedroom.
9. Grey. A favourite neutral to use for walls, grey is a great base when decorating. The introduction of rose quartz in the beddings and accessories allowed this bedroom to up its style game.
Which paint colour did you use for your bedroom wall? Share with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover photo courtesy of HouseBeautiful