Fill your home with anything that symbolises love as you celebrate Valentine's Day:
1. Heart balloons: This is a great activity to do together with your partner. To create the balloon clusters, glue them together with a hot glue gun and start from the ceiling.
Here's a video tutorial:
Video courtesy of The House That Lars Built
2. Heart-shaped cushions: You have the opportunity to cuddle with your partner on a cosy night over pizza and Netflix.
3. XOXO: If you don’t like the idea of expressing your love visually with hearts, consider using XOXO instead which also means “Hugs and Kisses”. If you still have those Christmas wreath and CNY willow branches, decorate them with flowers and arrange them to the said letters.
4. Couple lamps: For a '70s-inspired night, switch on these lamps and let the background music of “You Light Up My Life” by Debby Boone convey your appreciation for your partner.
5. Floral pomander: This simple-to-do bouquet can be easily made with less than $20. Get a Styrofoam ball and some fake flowers from Daiso, and insert the flowers into the ball till the entire ball is completed. Place the completed work on a tall glass vase and complete the look with a thick ribbon on its neck.
6. Umbrella bouquet: For last minute Valentine’s Day décor, here’s a creative umbrella bouquet that will surprise your other half with your creativity.
7. Valentine’s Day tree: Who says that Christmas tree can only be used for Christmas? With a little of creativity, you can reuse your tree as a Valentine’s Day décor, too.
Share with us photos of your home and we might feature it. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover photo courtesy of Interior Design Blogs