White remains a favourite colour in kitchens because it creates a cheerful mood and at the same time exudes an elegant ambience. It looks clean and uncluttered, makes smaller spaces appear bigger, and is a classic colour so it doesn't go out of date easily. Plus, you can update your white kitchen with textures and touches of colour here and there.
Here is a roundup of locally designed white kitchens for your next reno:
Design by Icon Interior Design
1. Butterfly Avenue. That glorious L-shaped kitchen counter, clean straight lines, and a stylishly minimalist feel make this kitchen a standout. Overhead kitchen lights provide a beautiful glow.
Design by Hwa Li Design
2. Jurong East Apartment. This kitchen takes on a classic kitchen colour combo: black and white. The mix of white cabinets and black tabletop gives the place a bold look, while the farmhouse sink provides a subtle rustic charm.
Design by Design Chapterz
4. 3 Room HDB at Costa Ris. White takes centre stage in this HDB kitchen, and is supplemented by accents of black and grey. Textures abound—the faux concrete drawers, matte laminates, and glossy door—making this kitchen more eye-catching.
Design by Sky Creation
5. Pandan Valley. Glossy cabinets and islands can effortlessly make any kitchen luxurious-looking. Touches of black via countertops and island further contribute to the space's state of elegance.
Design by nOtch lifestyle + design
6. Knicks & Knacks. This small kitchen appears bigger and brighter because of the predominant use of white in the cabinets, countertops, and under cabinets. Grey appliances and colours from the flower and fruit arrangement keep the area from looking too clinical.
Design by Sky Creation
7. Pebble Bay. Light from the recessed lighting bounces off the glossy surfaces, making this contemporary galley kitchen visually stunning. Marble flooring completes the glam look.
8. Whitley Freehold Cluster House. A recessed wall is used to accommodate a modular kitchen, whose unobtrusively white design blends easily with the dining area layout.
9. Upper Cross Street Apartment. This industrial apartment goes for a white and glossy laminate kitchen, tempering the inevitably cold feel of concrete walls and ceilings. The presence of white Eames moulded chairs provide a Scandustrial touch.
10. One Loop Apartment. Subway tiles on the backsplash and walls, cabinets in matte finish, concrete flooring, and slats from the window blinds make up the different textures that make this kitchen an interesting small space.
11. Robin Road. While this home is predominantly warm and features wooden and dark-toned furnishings, the kitchen is done in refreshing white. Flat panel cabinets, solid surface countertops, and a white dining island figure in this contemporary space.
12. Country Style at Punggol Central. Shaker style are the cabinets du jour in country kitchens. Painting them in white and adding a steel blue countertop and white lattice backsplash guarantee a chic cottage feel.
13. Boon Lay Drive. This country-style kitchen features a statement-making island with sink, blue mosaic tiles and countertop, and a vibrant pendant lamp.